Great for parties or a fun lunch at home, these Gluten Free Mozzarella Sticks have the perfect, cheesy crunch.
|12 oz||mozzarella string cheese|
|6 slices||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|3 tsp||italian seasoning|
|3/4 tsp||black pepper|
|1/2 cup||rice flour|
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half.
- Put the bread in a food processor or blender and pulse until it’s a fine crumb, around 20 seconds. Place crumbs on a shallow dish and mix in the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs briefly and pour onto a separate shallow dish.
- Put the rice flour on a third shallow dish.
- Roll a mozzarella stick in the rice flour to coat, then roll in egg, letting excess drip off. Finally, liberally dredge in breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere. Set aside and repeat with remaining sticks.
- Freeze breaded sticks on a plate for 2 hours, or up to 2 days in a sealed plastic container. This prevents the cheese from melting when fried.
- Pour oil in a frying pan until one inch deep. Put on medium-high heat until it reaches 350 degrees F. Carefully drop the sticks, four at a time, into the oil, and fry for one and a half minutes.
- Remove finished sticks from pan and place on paper towels to drain off excess oil. Repeat frying with remaining sticks.
- Serve with heated marinara!